Monday, March 8, 2010

The Gift

DHS 117



A few thoughts from the Jim Rohn mp3 i was listening to during my run this afternoon:

"Success is something you attract by the person you become. Success is not something you pursue, what you pursue usually eludes you like a butterfly, something you go after that you can't catch. Success is something you attract like a magnet, by the person you become.

"To attract attractive people you must be attractive. To attract powerful people you must be powerful. To attract committed people you must be committed. Instead of going to work on them, you go to work on yourself. You work harder on yourself than you work on the job, and if you become, you can attract.

"The whole key is to make yourself valuable. The key is to make yourself attractive. The key is to make yourself skillful, competent, willing, powerful, unique, sophisticated, cultured, being able to manage, in control, healthy.

"The whole key, really, to the future is personal development, because the greatest gift you can give someone else is your personal development, self development, self investment. The greatest gift you can give is your own personal development. If i become 10 times wiser, 10 times stronger, 10 times brighter, 10 times more competent, think of what that will do for my success. If i grow, think of what that will do for my future. Self development earns success. Self investment earns respect. And the only way to make a better and better and better investment in your future is to become better, and stronger, and wiser, and more competent. And the more attractive you become, the more attractive you are. And the more attractive you are, the more you attract success.

"Self development, self investment, attracts success. That's powerful."


While 99% of my brain agrees with him 100%, there is that 1% that realizes that this means i am not attractive. I am not powerful. I am not committed. I am not strong. I am not bright. I am not wise. I am not valuable. I am not skillful, competent, willing, powerful, unique, sophisticated, cultured, able to manage, or in control. That's powerful.

As far as i know, though, i am healthy, so i got one check mark! That only qualifies me to carry a pack and ride a bicycle, though.

No comments: