Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Unfinished Business

DHS 42/100



It was raining and the roads were icy when i ran today, so i decided to call it quits after 2 miles. Problem is, that left me with an unfinished Road Kill. The first 2/3 popped up on the way out to mile 1, but my mind got occupied with the argument on whether to turn around there and go back home or to gut it out and continue. I decided to turn it into a short 2 mile tempo run and go home, but the argument cut off the last line of the Road Kill. I wonder now how it would have ended had i stayed out for the 4 miles i had planned.....

Road Kill 7 (Unfinished)
It's true, you might say.
Show me proof, i might reply.
?????

As an aside, i am 13 miles short of running 1,000 miles this year. It should be easy to get that in before the 31st, but according to the weather forecast it is supposed to rain through the rest of the week. I'm not giving up, though. Even if i have to run long a few times next week, in the snow, around and around one single block because the roads are snowed in, i fully intend to log that 13 miles. I've only run 1,000 miles in a year once before, in 2004.

No comments: