Saturday, December 12, 2009

Massacres

DHS 31/100



It seems that there's a problem with spending an afternoon sitting around watching personal development videos and drinking. Actually, two problems. First is i forgot my DHS, until just a little while ago, and then hurried through it as i wrote it, which resulted in a dropped character somewhere. Plus, hurrying through it defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place.

In addition, the speaker's words are much harder to avoid and ignore when you've had too much to drink and your natural mental defenses are blurry. In the video i was just watching, i got beat up by these words:


"Blaming others is nothing more than excusing yourself. Every time you say 'It's because of ...' " blah, blah, blah, "... Every time you blame someone else you are actually giving away your highest human freedom and your power to that person or that circumstance because ... ultimately you're saying 'For me to get great they need to change' — and they're not going to change.

"So, for everything that's not working in your life, ask a fundamentally life changing question — what thinking and what behaviors have i engaged in that have created this result in my life."


Actually i wouldn't say i got beaten up, it was a vicious street mugging. Shit, shit, shit, and more shit. Those words hurt. Miserably. I will probably be black and blue tomorrow morning; unless i'm lucky and just don't remember them. Which i hope, since i just can not for the life of me figure out how to answer it.

But, the good news is my order for more ink cartridges for my calligraphy pen/brush arrived from Japan in today's mail. Yippppeee! I should really shift back to a standard brush and ink because that should be cheaper than buying these cartridges for my brush pen. Maybe. 5 cartridges costs ¥210 and the one i just used lasted for twenty copies of the Heart Sutra. Plus shipping, of course. I bought 25 cartridges and paid ¥1,000 for shipping, which means each cartridge cost me ¥ 82.

(Being typical Japanese, though, the people that i buy them from, at the link above, give me more than i pay for. They charged me ¥1,000 for shipping, even though i can see on the envelope that they paid ¥1,200; and they enclosed at no cost another ~¥300, one-time, non-refillable, practice brush as settai.)

I have a very old bottle of ink (a decade old?) sitting in the closet. I should get that and a brush out someday and see if they are still any good. Or, maybe i should say, to see if i am still any good with it.

No comments: