Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting Intimate

Al-Hallaj, the 9th century Sufi mystic from Baghdad, left this pearl of wisdom for all to think about:

The Sufi is he who aims, from at first,
   at reaching God,
     the Creative Truth.
Until he has found what he seeks,
   he takes no rest,
     nor does he give heed to any person.
For Thy sake I haste over land and water;
   over the plain I pass and the mountain I cleave,
     and from everything I turn my face,
       until the time when I reach that place
where I am
alone with Thee.

Al-Hallaj


Lao Bendan, that 21st century fool from Lockport, offers this to Al-Hallaj in response:

The Henro is she who aims, from at first,
   at reaching nothing,
     arriving nowhere.
Until surrender is complete,
   no rest is taken,
     no heed is given.
For who hastens? The land? The water?
   The plains and the mountains?
     Who turns their face from what?
       When has there been a place
where all aren't
intimately one?

Lao Bendan

4 comments:

Best Savings Account Rates said...

Even the Sufi music is too good. Sufi music is like creating direct conversation with god. Everyone should check out some good Sufi music, as it is very soothing.

Lao Bendan said...

Can you give us some suggestions? I wouldn't know what's good or bad. What/Who do you like and recommend we listen to?

Best Savings Account Rates said...

Lan Bendan

http://www.mysticamusic.com/sufi-music-turkey-yansimalar.php

Check out the link, its good Sufi stuff. I can give me more if let me know whether this is your kind of music or not.

Lao Bendan said...

Best savings account rates,
What a great site. The music is... well, sublime. I love it. Thanks for the great link.