Saturday, August 11, 2007

Life

How much can you love life?
   Can you look life squarely in the eyes,
   and without wavering, look deeply,
   deeper than the very bottom of its heart and soul,
   and yell I LOVE YOU!
At the top of your lungs.
As the sun climbs over the horizon,
bringing another new day filled to the brim with life,
Can you open to it?
Life.
   Can you look it squarely in the eyes,
   and without wavering, look deeply,
   seeing to the very bottom of its heart and soul,
   and yell I LOVE YOU!
I LOVE YOU!!
Oh the wondrous joy of being alive. Accepting everything,
the intoxicating smell of the flowers,
   the inebriating sounds of the birds.
      The overpowering sight of the stars lighting my way
         to the meadow where i lay on my back watching you
in amazement.
LIFE!!!!!
How much can you love it?
How deeply can you open to it?

Life.

No comments: