Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mission 3

DHS 55/100


After looking over the list again and adding health and being outdoors, i don't see any reason to change it. I think this is a good list of those fundamental principles that i have used to guide my life.

  • Honesty
  • Love
  • Compassion
  • Challenge
  • Growth
  • "Truth"/Wisdom
  • Health
  • The Outdoors

Now i am supposed to use these to write a mission statement, which seems pretty difficult and is going to take many iterations, i think.

Robin Sharma says:

Make it succinct. Your mission statement is a capsule statement of what you want to accomplish in your life and how you wish to be remembered. It is a combination of the values you wish to live by and the major goals you are determined to achieve. Keep it general but focused on the true keys of your life. Your mission statement is your lighthouse.



So, with that, My Mission Statement, v1:

The mission of my life is to hold hold honesty and compassion as my two highest values and to work to love life and everyone in it to the best of my ability. I will never stop challenging myself to grow and explore my personal boundaries: professionally, physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. I will look daily for ways to incorporate my continually unfolding understanding of spiritual "truth" into my daily life. I will keep myself physically fit and will spend some amount of time each month exploring the outdoors.


I'll leave it at that for tonight and think about it.

No comments: