Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Talking To You, Lao

I've been laying around reading Robert Adams' Silence Of The Heart, and was getting ready to set it aside to read something else for a while when something in me decided that i should read one last chapter before moving on.

Near the end of that extra chapter, i found the message that was waiting for me, the reason i had been told to continue reading:

Stop thinking about yourself so much. About getting a new job, losing a job, about working or not working. No one is ever happy. Those people who work are miserable because they have to work. Those people who don't work are miserable because they can't find a job. And when they find a job they join the miserable ones who can't stand the job. Where is peace? Peace is your real nature. It's within you. Look for it and you'll find it. Seek and ye shall find.


Now why was it necessary to rub my nose in all that smelly stuff as i was relaxing before going to bed? Huh? :-)

No comments: