Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chicago Marathon

It's over.

I went into the race hoping to get as close to 4:30 (h:m) as i could, and was completely surprised to find my feet still moving reasonably well at 20 miles. I knew then that all was going better than expected. I didn't know how well it was going, but i knew it was better than i had planned for. I didn't know because i don't look at my watch until i cross the finish line. If i do, it makes the miles seem soooo much longer, so i simply run the best i can and accept the time that comes out of that. The watch is only to give me immediate feedback at the finish line on what my time was.

In fact, i didn't die until right at the 25 mile marker. That last mile would have been pure hell except for the fact that my brain had shut down a mile, or so, earlier in order to stop listening to my legs, so i really wasn't aware of much except right, left, right, left, right, left, ......

Unofficial time: 04:17:47 (h:m:s). I am very, very happy with the run. Today was a good day.

No comments: