Thursday, December 31, 2009

Motivation For The New Year

My final thoughts for 2009. These point to a few of the things i hope to accomplish in the new year. In similar, yet different, ways, they both push you to look inside and ask yourself, "How far are you willing to push yourself? How far are you willing to stretch? How much are you willing to grow? How much are you willing to give in exchange for Life?"

We should be living our lives like the Queen in Lewis Carroll's Through The Looking Glass,

"I can’t believe that!" said Alice.

"Can’t you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."

Alice laughed. "There’s no use trying," she said. "One can’t believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven’t had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."


Why Do You Run?



Internal Stillness Between Two Perceptions


Getting old doesn't scare me. Being poor doesn't scare me. The thought of dying doesn't scare me. The thought of settling for mediocrity scares the crap out of me.

No comments: