Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Hemingway’s Bulls

Moving at light speed
On a Pamplona-bound train
Mind in overdrive

Two immediate thoughts as i relax in my Pamplona hotel room.

Between Madrid and Pamplona there is more graffiti than i have ever seen. On the train ride north, if there was a flat surface, i saw it covered in graffiti. No just having some graffiti on it, covered with it. I am amazed at the amount. On bridges, stores, other buildings, walls around houses, apartments. You name it.

No one told me everything would be written in Spanish and that’s what everyone would speak! :-)

Right now, my problem is, every time i open my mouth, Japanese comes out. I don’t seem to have the ability to stop it. Even the Spanish i do know is pushed aside. Apparently my brain is saying that since I’m in a foreign country it must be time to use Japanese. I sure hope this goes away in the next few days!

No comments: