Friday, April 2, 2010

Throwing In The Towel

DHS 142



What adjective is stronger than "brutal?" According to the online weather, the winds this afternoon are 24 mph SSW, with 34 mph gusts. It felt worse out on my bicycle. I threw in the towel and come home after 20 miles today; riding a bike in these winds is almost like work, and riding a bike (for me) is never supposed to be anything but fun.

Interesting news, though. While riding, i stumbled across what looks like a brand new Vedanta center out in the boonies on the north side of town. The sign said Vivekananda Vedanta Society of Chicago, and a quick search online shows that it belongs to the Ramakrishna Math religious order. The sign said they are open 9-7, but the parking lot was empty and i couldn't see any moving bodies in any of the windows.

I may have to ride out some day and check them out. Just introduce myself and see what literature they have to offer.

No comments: