Friday, September 12, 2008

Shut up, will ya....

Willfully disregarding every sense of propriety, he chatted on, and on, and on, and on, and on. He just would.not.shut.up. Raging like a wild summer squall, i was sure everyone on the train must have been able to hear him. I demanded silence and counted to 10 and was ignored. I tried to stare him down and was ignored. I pleaded and was ignored. So, after about 20 minutes of reading the same page over and over, unable to concentrate or remember even one paragraph, i had finally had enough. I put my foot down.

Unfortunately, all that gave me was a sore foot. It wasn't until i surrendered, put my book away, and just relaxed into the scenery passing by outside that my mind stopped, allowing peace and quiet to settle like a pleasant summer breeze.

No comments: